Accomplished Palm Desert Attorneys Litigate Trust and Estate Disputes
Southern California lawyers assist with will contests and other cases
Disputes arising from wills and trusts present special challenges to litigants. Proving what someone intended when creating a legal instrument often requires exhaustive research and a thorough knowledge of the applicable legal standards. Bochnewich Law Offices in Palm Desert represents Southern California clients in all types of trust and estate litigation so that conflicts can be resolved fairly and efficiently. This is the largest part of our practice, and we are dedicated to providing the highest levels of advice and advocacy in this area. Whether you’ve been wrongly prevented from receiving your share of a family legacy or are defending a trust or estate plan against unwarranted attack, we are personally committed to protecting your rights and interests.
Dedicated advocates defend and challenge legal instruments
Attorney Peter Bochnewich has extensive experience litigating trust and estate matters in the Coachella Valley and elsewhere. Our firm handles cases in probate courts and other forums arising from:
- Will contests — If a question regarding lack of capacity, forgery, undue influence or some other concern arises, we advocate for executors, administrators and potential heirs in will contests.
- Trust challenges — Allegations that a trust was created improperly can trigger significant cost and stress. Our firm has the ability to guide clients through challenges involving complex terms and the relevant legal standards.
- Fiduciary breaches — Once a concern exists about a trustee or executor failing to honor their fiduciary duties, it is important to retain a qualified lawyer to prevent further damage from occurring.
During a free initial consultation, we’ll provide an informed assessment of your situation and explain your options.
Coachella Valley firm has a strong track record in trust and estate matters
Our firm has obtained successful results in numerous trust and estate actions, including these noteworthy accomplishments:
- Recovered more than $1.2 million, plus interest, from an estate executor and fiduciary when the funds were wrongfully obtained because of undue influence by the fiduciary. These assets were returned to the lawful heirs of the decedent’s estate. Founding attorney Peter Bochnewich used handwriting experts and other detailed evidence to prove this claim.
- Successfully defended a client wrongfully accused by relatives of acts of undue influence, resulting in a $2 million inheritance.
- Obtained a judgment that canceled the wrongful transfer of real property taken at the expense of an incapacitated elder, returning title of the residence to its rightful owner.
- Secured the return of real property and other assets approaching $1 million against defendants who secretly obtained such assets from an incapacitated elderly woman.
- Won a favorable result at trial for a defendant who was accused of financial mismanagement of estate properties and the forgery of estate documents.
- Represented a homeowner against a large title insurance company for recovery of almost 20 times what the title company was willing to pay for liability in failing to disclose a burdensome easement on a title report, in a complex easement and insurance case. This matter was tried in a binding arbitration setting.
- Successfully obtained a seven-figure settlement for a retailer in a claim against a major manufacturer in a complicated antitrust/price-fixing case.
In addition to victories at trial and strong settlements, attorney Peter Bochnewich has a strong record in trust and estate litigation matters adjudicated by the California Court of Appeal.
Contact a proven Coachella Valley trust and estate litigator for a free consultation
Bochnewich Law Offices represents California clients in all types of trust and estate litigation matters. Please call 760-776-1377 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation at our office in Palm Desert.